Seriously. If you don’t have one…find one! It could change your entire day, even your life! My definition of a daily ritual is:
A. Something you do everyday without question.
B. Whatever “it” is, you do it mindfully! Key word: Mindfully!
- The ritual doesn’t have to be the same for the rest of your life. Choose what your ritual will be, commit to it for a certain amount of time, and then let the journey be a fluid experience.
- There are two ways to go about picking your daily mindful moment. You can choose something you ALREADY have in your daily routine and choose to do it mindfully. Examples of this are brushing your teeth, washing your hair, making tea, petting your dog/cat, etc. Or! You can come up with something you really want to add to your life and commit to that. Examples: Getting on the meditation cushion every morning, eating a meal without TV, or Taking a walk around the neighborhood.
- If you choose to add a new ritual to your life, please know that there will be days you won’t want to do it at all! Do it anyway. Sit with your thoughts asking yourself, “What am I feeling right now?”, accept the feelings, and just do it! I promise it will make your journey so fulfilling in the end. PROMISE.
- Your mindful moment should not have a cut-off time. Allow yourself the freedom to end your mindfulness when it feels right each day.
So how will having a ritual enrich your life? So many ways…lets talk about em’.
- Connection – to the Earth, your spirit, nature’s cycles, and your own cycles. In today’s fast-paced world with media overload and constant noise its nice to reconnect.
- Quiet the Mind – Being quiet and turning inward daily will help manage the monkeys in your mind. They need lots of managing! When your mind is still you are more balanced and can think more clearly about what really matters.
- Home Base – Pretty soon your moment will become your rock. It’s always there to help ground you and bring you back to center.
- The Physiological Simply observing the breath and turning inward helps manage our nervous system. This in turn helps with heart rate, anxiety, and tension. It’s all about you baby!
Ground yourself, feed your soul, get some closure, and connect with the divine. Have a daily mindful moment. Namaste.